We now have an Attendee Handbook accessible HERE which details What To Expect at CodeMash! Check it out!
How do you keep up-to-the-minute on information during CodeMash? The following are the “official” communications channels. We know you don’t want to miss anything during the week of the conference; so we hope this helps.
We try to keep information up to date as much as possible.
- Emails. For important announcements leading up to the conference, we send emails. Check your spam folder if you’re not getting them.
- Twitter. Follow @codemash https://twitter.com/codemash This channel is used to tweet announcements from the organizers. If you want to stay up to date on the latest/greatest news, keep an eye on the twitter feed. During CodeMash, we keep an eye on tweets that have our hashtag. If you want to join in on the fun, tweet with the #CodeMash hashtag. (Only #CodeMash, never the year). During meals, we have a rotating tweetinator that shows top tweets using the #CodeMash hashtag.
- The CodeMash Blog. The blog is used to share important information prior to the con. If you haven’t visited there yet, you can see all the past articles in chronological order. All blog posts are automatically emailed out to all attendees. If you didn’t get the emails, you can view them in chronological order on the CodeMash Blog. Happy scrolling!
- Codemash.org Schedule. All session topics, times, and speaker info are posted on the CodeMash.org web site. The session schedule is available here: https://codemash.org/schedule/ . Speaker information is available here: https://codemash.org/speakers/ Just click on each speaker’s name.
- Mobile App. The official mobile app for CodeMash 2024 is “CodeMash Conference”. We plan to communicate urgent, time sensitive announcements (like if we have a level 3 snow emergency, or certain sessions get cancelled) through the mobile app. View the session schedule, customize your schedule, and submit session feedback with the official CodeMash app for Android (Google Play) or in the App Store for iOS.
- Discord. Community-driven space to connect with other attendees. All tweets are automatically published to the news-and-media channel. Join here. Using this link will allow you to join our Discord server. Staff members often frequent our “general” Discord channel prior to the con to help answer questions.
- Digital Signage. Schedules are posted in digital format on screens that are outside each conference room.
Here are a few non-digital ways to get information:
- The Main Stage. During meals, we rotate important announcements on the screens in the dining room.
- CodeMash Staff. Ask a staff member, though probably not an intern unless it’s an easy question. Staff members will be wearing different CodeMash hoodies with “Staff” printed somewhere on them.
- Room Proctors. In a session and something isn’t quite right? Each session has an assigned room proctor. They are there to help make sure video / audio are working for the session.
- Hotel Staff. Have a question about the hotel, an issue with your room, or in need of extra towels? Maybe your coffee maker broke? Please check with a Hotel Staff member.
Random owls throughout the conference center. We no longer recommend using this method due to the messy nature of these creatures.