Have you heard about KidzMash? It is a conference within CodeMash, offered to the families of attendees. Similar to CodeMash attendee sessions, KidzMash also holds sessions which run Tuesday-Friday. Please see the KidzMash page for more info, and make sure your kids/family members are signed up! All KidzMash sessions are also listed in the CodeMash session schedule. They are tagged “KidzMash”.
Important: We have just released tickets for special KidzMash sessions! Tickets are expected to go incredibly fast. If you or you family would like to participate, get a ticket for these sessions as soon as possible. These special sessions have around 25-30 tickets available.
Why require registration? Because some sessions (not all) have special requirements, limited hardware, or need extra space. That, and previous attempts of velcroing kids to the walls and ceiling just didn’t work out as planned.
KidzMash sessions that require tickets are listed below. Get your ticket(s) here!
- 3d Silhouette. Tuesday, 9:30 am. Scan heads to make a 3d model, and then print.
- Pokemon Training. Tuesday, 1:30 pm. Just like real Pokemon, but with Raspberry Pi’s! (Age 9+ Don’t forget your Pikachu)
- Crafting Chainmail. Tuesday, 1:30 pm. Learn the fundamentals of making chainmail. (Age 12+)
- Computer Hacking. Wednesday, 9:30 am. Learn about hacking, and learn to solve computer security challenges. (Age 12+)
- Game Design. Thursday, 9:30 am. Learn how to create a physical board game. (Age 12+)
- Binary Clock. Friday, 9:30 am. Build a clock only a true geek can read. (Age 12+)
Please note: session times are subject to change. Be sure to confirm time/location with the official session schedule prior. Session schedule will also be available in the official CodeMash mobile app.
What about other KidzMash sessions? Do I need a ticket? The majority of sessions, unless otherwise noted, only require KidzMash (or Attendee) registration. We recommend showing up a few minutes early if you plan on attending any KidzMash session. Additional special events (including Artemis and Laser Tag) will also be announced as we get closer to CodeMash, so please stay tuned!